Please read the following terms and conditions before downloading the entry form below.
1. This is a competition conducted by Your Music Inc. ABN 53 295 035 089 and Sensory Concerts® (ABN 44 488 744 238).
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry must be in English and is open to entrants who are Australian citizens or permanent resident residing in Australia and aged between 18 and 35 years as of Monday, 30 November 2020. Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® employees and officers and the immediate family members of such employees and officers are ineligible to enter.
4. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by birth or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, or step-sister.
5. The competition costs $10 to enter and this fee is to be paid on or before Monday, 30 November 2020. Any other costs associated with accessing the competition (eg. internet access charges) are the entrant’s responsibility.
6. The competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part in determining the winners.
7. The competition commences at 9am AEDT, 1 September 2020 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT Monday, 30 November 2020 (“the competition period”). Posted or late entries will not be accepted.
To enter, during the competition period entrants must:
Pay a $10 entry fee for each submission to:
Your Music Incorporated
BSB: 112 879
Account number: 414 788 686
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
– a completed and signed Entry Form, including the required details, and
– an original musical composition in PDF format.
8. The entered composition must be 4 to 5 minutes in length and adhere to the defined criteria that it:
– be one musical composition for a combination of 2 or 3 strings and/or piano, and
– focus on sensory friendly elements (for example, spinning, pulsating rhythms, repetitive patterns,
predictable form, clear texture).
Compositions must be the original new work of the entrant, not previously published or performed.
Once an entry has been submitted, it is final and cannot be withdrawn or edited by the entrant.
9. Only one entry is permitted per person.
10. Copyright is retained by the composer at all times. By entering this competition, all entrants grant permission for their musical composition to be performed at the 2021 Sensory Concerts® Blue Mountains concerts (dates to be announced and subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions), and in any possible future recordings. Their name is to be published on the Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® website, newsletter and social media platforms. The winning composer wins AUD$1000 and two tickets to the 2021 Sensory Concerts® Blue Mountains concert where the winning composition will be premiered. There may be an additional prize awarded to the winning or highly recommended work by a composer who identifies as a member of a traditionally underrepresented demographic group (including females, those with autism or one of Australia’s First Peoples). There is no additional payment beyond the winner’s prize money and two tickets, and the traditionally underrepresented demographic group award.
11. The judging takes place at 10 Noble Street, Bullaburra, NSW, Australia within 14 days of the submission closing date. The winner will be contacted by email in the two days that follow. An announcement of the winner will be added to the Your Music Inc. website by 16 December, 2020.
12. The Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® appointed judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
13. The winning composer agrees not to enter the winning entry into any future competition.
14. Two weeks after the original decision has been made, if the winner cannot be contacted, the unclaimed prize will be awarded to the next best entry as judged by Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® at the same place as the original judging, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts®, Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts®) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts®; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
18. Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® collect personal information in order to conduct the competition and will never disclose this information to a third party. Your Music Inc. and Sensory Concerts® may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for their own promotional, marketing or publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to Sensory Concerts® at email@example.com.
19. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.